Many people don’t know how to properly change the water filter on their LG Linear Compressor refrigerator. This quick and easy guide will show you how to do it in just a few minutes.
Checkout this video:
Why change your water filter?
It is important to change your water filter every 6 months to ensure that your water is clean and free of contaminants. Over time, your water filter will become less effective at filtering out contaminants, so it is important to replace it on a regular basis. Additionally, if you live in an area with hard water, it is especially important to change your water filter more frequently to prevent buildup of minerals in your refrigerator.
When to change your water filter
It’s important to change your LG refrigerator’s water filter according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule to ensure your water tastes clean and crisp. Depending on your model, you may need to replace your filter every 6 months or every 9 months. Check your Owner’s Manual for the replacement schedule that applies to your LG fridge.
How often to change your water filter
How often to change your water filter really depends on how much you and your family use the fridge and how hard your water is. As a rule of thumb, it’s a good idea to change your refrigerator water filter every 6 months, or when the indicator light turns on.
LG Linear Compressor refrigerators are equipped with an indicator light that will notify you when it’s time to change your water filter. The indicator light is located on the display panel, near the control panel. When the indicator light turns on, it’s time to replace your old filter with a new one.
To change the water filter on your LG Linear Compressor refrigerator, follow these steps:
1. Locate the water filter housing at the top, right side of your fridge.
2. Unscrew the housing cap by turning it counterclockwise until it comes off completely.
3. Remove the old water filter from the housing and discard it properly.
4. Insert the new water filter into the housing, making sure that the arrow on thefilter points towards ihavingtewater outlet port inside5the fridgehe fridge (see photo).
5) Hand-tighten tthnewe housing cap back onto theehousinguntilfilterit is snug and cannot be turned any further with your hand—do not overtighten!
6) Flush out thee mmildewnewilter for at leastnute2 minutes by running cold wateslowly through tthwaterline from thee dispenserfaucetntilthouseon top of thyour is dust-free ffridgespecialist Autorized Service Cenbeforeteres using for drinking or cooking purposesNOTE: If you have an LG 6 Month / 200 Gallon Capacity Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter (Part # ADQ36006102), ADQ36006101), LT700P), 469690), or AFF25043001), you may notice a discoloration of your ice cubes after changing your filters. This is ink fromthfthe oefilter housinand gcan canbe safely removed by followingFilter FLushing Steps 2 through 4 abovetwo or three times withoureight pouring out tfwatewaterr each timeach flushingRepair cycle continuing to step #5of 5 abovto install inglast strawompletely properly
How to change your water filter
It’s important to change your water filter regularly to ensure that your refrigerator is working properly and that you’re getting the best-tasting and safest water possible.LGLinear Compressor refrigerators are equipped with a water filter that needs to be changed every 6 months, or more often if you have hard water.
To change the water filter on your Linear Compressor refrigerator, follow these simple steps:
1. Locate the water filter cover in the upper right-hand corner of the refrigerator interior.
2. Remove the cover by turning it to the left.
3. Remove the old filter by pulling it straight out.
4. Insert the new filter into the Filter Housing and push until it clicks into place.
5. Replace the cover by turning it to the right until it locks into place.
6. Press and hold the RESET FILTER button for 3 seconds, located just below the cover, until you hear a beep to confirm that the new filter has been registered.
What type of water filter to use
There are two main types of water filters you can use for your LG Linear Compressor Refrigerator:
– Pitcher filters
– Faucet filters
Pitcher filters are the most popular type of water filter, as they are relatively affordable and easy to use. Faucet filters are more expensive, but they offer a higher level of filtration.
To change the water filter on your LG Linear Compressor Refrigerator, follow these steps:
1. Remove the old water filter by turning it counterclockwise.
2. Insert the new water filter into the housing and turn it clockwise to secure it in place.
3. Flush the system by running water through the dispenser for 2 minutes.
4. Discard the first few batches of ice cubes to ensure they are free of contaminants.
How to properly dispose of your old water filter
It’s important to dispose of your old water filter properly. Here are some tips on how to do that:
-Remove the filter from the fridge by twisting it counterclockwise.
-Empty any water left inside the filter into the sink.
-Discard the filter according to your municipality’s guidelines.
-Flush your fridge’s water line by running water through the dispenser for three minutes.
-Replace the filter by inserting it into the housing and twisting it clockwise until it’s tight.
How to troubleshoot common issues with changing your water filter
If your refrigerator is not working properly, one of the first things you should check is the water filter. A clogged or dirty water filter can cause your refrigerator to work harder than it needs to, which can lead to a number of issues, including spoiled food, decreased efficiency, and increased electricity bills.
In this article, we’ll show you how to troubleshoot common issues with changing your water filter.
FAQs about changing your water filter
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about changing your water filter on an LG Linear Compressor refrigerator:
1. How often should I change my water filter?
It is recommended that you change your water filter every six months or when the “change” or “replace” indicator light comes on, whichever occurs first.
2. How do I know when it’s time to change my water filter?
Your LG refrigerator will let you know when it’s time to change your water filter. A “change” or “replace” indicator light will come on when it’s time to replace your water filter.
3. Where can I find my LG refrigerator’s water filter?
Your LG refrigerator’s water filter is located in the back, right-hand corner of your fridge.
If you need help finding your water filter, refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact LG customer service for assistance.
4. How do I change my LG refrigerator’s water filter?
Changing your LG refrigerator’s water filter is easy! Just follow the steps below:
1) Open the door of your fridge and locate the round, cylindrical water filter in the back, right-hand corner.
2) Turn the old water filter counterclockwise until it releases from the housing and pull it out.
3) Insert the newWater Filterinto the housing and turn it clockwise until it locks into place.
4) Close the door of your fridge and run water through the dispenser for 5 minutes (or 2 gallons) to clear any air from the lines and thoroughly flush the new Water Filter.
5. What should I do with my oldWater Filter?
MostLG refrigerators come with a recycling kit for used filters, so be sure to take advantage of that! If you don’t have a recycling kit, you can always dispose of your oldWater Filterin the trash.
Tips for changing your water filter
It’s important to keep your LG Linear Compressor refrigerator’s water filter fresh and clean so that you can continue to enjoy crisp, clean water and ice. Here are a few tips to help you change your water filter:
-To start, locate your Linear Compressor refrigerator’s water filter. It should be located in the back, near the top of the fridge.
-Next, use a quarter turn counterclockwise to loosen and remove the housing cap.
-Carefully remove the used filter from the housing and dispose of it according to your municipality’s guidelines.
-Now, take the new water filter out of its packaging and wet it slightly with clean water. This will help remove any dust or debris that may be on the filter.
-Insert the new filter into the housing and twist it clockwise until it’s tight. Be sure not to overtighten – hand tight is good enough.
-Finally, replace the housing cap by twisting it clockwise until it’s snug. And that’s it! You’ve successfully changed your LG Linear Compressor refrigerator’s water filter.
If you have an LG refrigerator with a linear compressor, it’s important to change the water filter regularly. The LG linear compressor refrigerator has a filter life indicator that will let you know when it’s time to replace the filter. To change the water filter, simply locate the filter housing in the back of the fridge and twist it to unlock. Then, remove the oldfilter and insert the new one. Be sure to flush the water line by running water through the dispenser for 2 minutes before using.