Learn how to change the water filter on your Whirlpool refrigerator to keep your water tasting clean and fresh.
Checkout this video:
Why you should change your water filter
You should change your water filter about every six months, or more often if you have hard water. A clogged water filter can reduce the flow of water to your ice maker and water dispenser, and it can also cause your fridge to run less efficiently.
If you have a Whirlpool fridge with a built-in water dispenser and ice maker, you’ll need to change the water filter about every six months. Here’s how to do it:
1. Locate the filter compartment. On most Whirlpool fridges, it’s in the upper right-hand corner of the fridge interior.
2. Remove the old filter by turning it counterclockwise until it releases from the housing.
3. Insert the new filter into the housing, turning it clockwise until it’s firmly seated.
4. Flush out the old filter by running water through the dispenser for about two minutes.
How often you should change your water filter
It’s important to change your Whirlpool fridge’s water filter every six months to ensure that the water you’re drinking is clean and free of contaminants. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Locate the water filter. It’s typically located in the grille at the bottom of your fridge.
2. Twist the old filter counterclockwise to remove it.
3. Insert the new filter into the housing and twist it clockwise until it’s tight.
4. Flush the water system by running water through the dispenser for several minutes until it runs clear.
5. Reset the “change filter” light on your fridge (consult your owner’s manual for instructions on how to do this).
How to tell when it’s time to change your water filter
Whirlpool recommends that you change your fridge’s water filter every 6 months, or when the “change filter” light on your fridge’s control panel comes on. If you use a lot of water, or if the water in your area is particularly dirty, you may need to change your filter more frequently.
Changing your Whirlpool refrigerator’s water filter is easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Look for the “change filter” light on your fridge’s control panel. When it comes on, it’s time to change the filter.
2. Find the water filter housing inside your fridge. It’s usually located in the upper-right corner, behind a cover panel.
3. Unscrew the housing cover and remove the old water filter. Be sure to dispose of it properly; don’t just put it in the trash!
4. Insert a new water filter into the housing and screw on the cover tightly.
5. Reset the “change filter” light by holding down the button for 3 seconds or referring to your owner’s manual for specific instructions.
How to change your water filter
If you have a Whirlpool fridge with a water and ice dispenser, you’ll want to make sure the water filter is changed every six months to ensure the water quality is up to par. Here’s how to change your fridge’s water filter:
1. Locate your filter. It’s typically found in the upper-right corner of your fridge.
2. Remove the old filter by turning it to the left.
3. Insert the new filter into the housing and turn it to the right until it’s locked into place.
4. Flush out the system by running water through the dispenser for about five minutes. You may notice air bubbles at first, but they should clear up after a minute or so.
5. Enjoy fresh, filtered water from your Whirlpool fridge!
What kind of water filter you should use
The type of water filter you should use for your Whirlpool refrigerator depends on the model of fridge you have. For example, if you have a Whirlpool Gold Series fridge, you should use a Gold Series water filter.
How to properly dispose of your old water filter
Replacing your water filter is an important part of maintaining your Whirlpool refrigerator. But once you’ve removed the old filter, what do you do with it?
There are a few things you need to keep in mind when disposing of your old water filter:
-Check with your local municipality to see if there are any special requirements for disposing of water filters.
-Do not simply throw the filter in the trash. Water filters can contain harmful chemicals that should not be released into the environment.
-Do not pour water back through the filter to clean it. This can release harmful chemicals into the water supply.
-If you are recycling the filter, make sure to remove all traces of water from it first.
Once you’ve taken these precautions, you can dispose of your old water filter in a safe and responsible manner.
How to troubleshoot common problems with changing your water filter
If your Whirlpool fridge is equipped with a water filter, it’s important to change it regularly to ensure the water dispensed from your fridge is clean and tasting great. A general rule of thumb is to change your water filter every six months, but depending on your usage and water quality, you may need to change it more or less frequently. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to troubleshoot some common problems you may encounter when changing your Whirlpool fridge’s water filter.
FAQs about changing your water filter
Q. How do I know when to change my water filter?
A. Depending on how often you use your fridge, and the quality of your water, you may need to change your water filter every six months to two years. If you have any concerns about the quality of your water, or if you notice a decrease in water flow or pressure, it’s time to change your filter.
Q. How do I change my water filter?
A. Most fridge filters are located in the grille at the bottom of the fridge. To change your filter, open the grille and twist the old filter counterclockwise until it comes out. Insert the new filter into the housing and twist it clockwise until it’s tight. Close the grille and run some water from the dispenser to clear any air from the line.
Q.Where can I find replacement filters?
A replacement filter can usually be found at your local hardware store or home improvement center. You can also purchase replacement filters online from a variety of retailers.
Tips for changing your water filter
Your Whirlpool fridge is equipped with a water filter to help keep your ice and water tasting clean and fresh. The filter should be changed every six months, or more often if you notice a change in the taste or quality of your ice or water. Here are a few tips for changing your water filter:
1. Locate the filter: The filter is typically located in the grille at the bottom of the fridge.
2. Turn off the water: Before you change the filter, turn off the water supply to your fridge. This will help prevent any messes or leaks.
3. Remove the old filter: Twist the old filter counterclockwise to remove it from the housing. Be sure to dispose of it properly (check with your local municipality for guidelines).
4. Insert the new filter: Insert the new filter into the housing, and twist it clockwise until it’s snug.
5. Turn on the water: Once you’ve inserted the new filter, turn on the water supply to your fridge and check for leaks. If everything is tight and there are no leaks, resume using your fridge as usual.
Resources for changing your water filter
Your Whirlpool refrigerator is equipped with a water filter that removes impurities from the water used to fill the ice maker and dispense water through the door. The filter should be replaced every 6 months, or more often if the water from your tap is excessively dirty.
You can purchase replacement filters from Whirlpool or at many home improvement and hardware stores. Be sure to get the correct size and type of filter for your model of refrigerator.
Changing the filter is easy, but you will need a few tools:
-A pair of pliers
-A bucket (to catch any water that may spill out when you remove the old filter)
1. Locate the water filter housing inside your fridge. On most models, it will be on the ceiling, near the front of the unit.
2. Use a screwdriver to remove the housing cover. Some models will have a manual release button that you must depress before unscrewing the cover; others will not have this button.
3. Use pliers to remove the old filter from its housing. Be careful not to let any dirt or debris fall into the housing when removing the old filter. Also, be prepared for a small amount of water to spill out when you remove the old filter; this is normal and should not cause any damage to your fridge.
4. Insert the new filter into its housing, making sure that it is inserted correctly according to the manufacturer’s directions.