How to Install a Water Filter in a Whirlpool Refrigerator. This guide will show you how to properly install a water filter in your Whirlpool refrigerator.
Checkout this video:
Tools and Parts Needed
In order to install a water filter in your Whirlpool refrigerator, you will need the following tools and parts:
-A Phillips head screwdriver
-A quarter inch hex wrench
-The new water filter
1. Before you begin, make sure that you have turned off the water supply to your refrigerator.
2. Locate the water filter housing in the back, right corner of your refrigerator.
3. Using your Phillips head screwdriver, remove the two screws that secure the housing cover.
4. Remove the cover and discard the old filter.
5. Insert the new filter into the housing, making sure that the arrow on the filter is pointing in the direction of the water flow.
6. Use your hex wrench to tighten the housing cap until it is snug.
7. Turn on the water supply to your refrigerator and check for leaks at all connections points
Preparing the Fridge
1. Unplug the refrigerator from its power source before you begin the installation process.
2. Remove everything from the inside of the fridge, including shelves and drawers.
3. Clean the interior of the fridge thoroughly with a mild soap and water solution.
4. Locate the water line that supplies your fridge with water. This line is usually located behind the fridge.
5. Cut the water line using a tubing cutter, and then cap off the cut end of the line with a plastic cap or tape.
6. Drill a hole in the back of the fridge, near where the water line is located. The hole should be big enough to accommodate the new water line that you will be installing.
7. Run the new water line through the hole that you just drilled, and then connect it to the cut end of the old water line using a plastic coupling fitting.
8. Turn on your refrigerator’s water supply valve (located behind your fridge), and then open up all of your faucets in your home to bleed air out of all lines before turning them back off again
Installing the Filter
Follow these steps to install the filter in your refrigerator:
1. Push the release button on the housing to open the compartment door.
2. Insert the filter into the housing until it stops.
3. Close the compartment door and push down until it clicks.
4. Remove the cap from the end of the filter by turning it counterclockwise until it stops.
5. Holding the filter with the cap end up, flush 4-5 gallons of water through it to remove any air and contaminants that may be inside before use. Replace the cap and twist clockwise to secure it in place before discarding.
Connecting the Water Line
1.Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the screws from the panel on the back of your fridge. The location of the screws will vary depending on your model, but they are usually located near the top of the panel.
2.Remove the panel and set it aside.
3.Locate the water line connection behind the panel. The water line will be connected to a valve with a brass compression nut.
4.Using a pair of pliers, loosen the compression nut and disconnect the water line from the valve.
5.Take your new filter and connect it to the valve. Make sure that you push it all the way onto the valve until it clicks into place.
6.Tighten the compression nut onto the valve, making sure not to over-tighten it.
7.Replace the panel on your fridge and screw it back into place using your Phillips screwdriver
Flushing the System
It is important to flush the system before use to remove any contaminants that may be present in the filter or lines. To do this, open the cold water line valve slowly until water begins to flow from the dispenser. Let the water run for 2 minutes, then discard it. Repeat this process 3 more times.
Checking for Leaks
The first step is to check for leaks. You can do this by shutting off the water supply to your refrigerator and disconnecting the water line from the back of the fridge. Place a bowl or bucket under the water line and turn the water back on. If you see any water dripping from the line, there is a leak. You will need to repair or replace the water line before installing the new filter.
Installing a water filter in your Whirlpool refrigerator is a relatively easy task that you can do in just a few minutes. Be sure to follow the instructions in your owner’s manual and refer to the support site for more information and tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about installing a water filter in your Whirlpool® refrigerator:
Q: Where do I find my model number?
A: The model number is usually located on the inside wall of the refrigerator, near the top.
Q: Do I need a special tool to install the water filter?
A: No, you should not need any special tools. However, if your refrigerator has a water line connected to it, you will need to disconnect this before proceeding.
Q: What type of water filter do I need for my model of refrigerator?
A: Please consult your Owner’s Manual for specific information on the type of filter that is recommended for your model. You can also find this information by entering your model number on our website.
Q: How often should I replace the water filter?
A: It is generally recommended that you replace your water filter every 6 months.
When it comes to buying a water filter for your Whirlpool refrigerator, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you need to make sure that the filter you buy is compatible with your model of refrigerator. Second, you need to decide whether you want a inline or a canister filter. third, you need to choose the right size filter for your needs.
There are a few different ways to find out which water filter is right for your Whirlpool refrigerator. The best way is to check the owner’s manual that came with your fridge. If you can’t find your owner’s manual, or if you have misplaced it, you can also look online on the Whirlpool website. Once you have found the right water filter for your fridge, the next step is to install it.
Installing a water filter in a Whirlpool refrigerator is a fairly easy process. Most filters come with clear instructions on how to install them. However, if you are having trouble installing thefilter, or if you are not sure which way is up, you can always refer to the owner’s manual for your specific model of fridge. In general, though, installing a water filter is as simple as following these steps:
1) Locate the filter housing. This is usually located in the back of the refrigerator, near the top.
2) Remove the old filter by twisting it counterclockwise.
3) Insert the new filter into the housing and twist it clockwise until it locks into place.
4) Replace the cover on the housing and twist it clockwise until it locks into place.
5) Run water through thefilter for about 2 minutes before using it again.
Before you begin this installation, disconnect the power to your refrigerator. This will ensure your safety as you complete the project.
Next, locate the filter in your fridge. It is likely located in the upper right-hand corner, behind a small flap. Once you have found thefilter, unscrew it and discard it.
Now take the new filter and screw it into place. Be sure to screw it in tightly so that water can properly flow through it. After the new filter is in place, turn the water back on to your fridge and let it run for a few minutes to clear any air from the line.
Now is a good time to test your water filter by dispensing some water into a cup and tasting it. If all goes well, you should have fresh, filtered water at your fingertips!